4.03.2006

The Long Kiss Goodbye

I must admit, I've been drifting listlessly in between several small and uninteresting projects lately. None of them really warrant any photos. One is a chenille hat that I've ripped twice in an effort to make it fit. One is a pair of socks in some wool I dyed myself. One is a baby sweater in bright orange (this one is a perennial project that has been in process for over a year). Rogue is pissing me off because I think I did something wrong, but I can't figure out how to fix it. Grrr.

Despite the improvement in my general well-being since I went on a gluten free diet 2 weeks ago (I do feel *tons* better), I've been feeling out of sorts lately. Like I've been on the edge of getting a cold, and totally tired. I even took a nap on Saturday afternoon. Jon was shocked.

Speaking of my dear husband, Jon is gone on a trans-continental field trip to schmooz with some hotshit web devs right now, so I've had a little more time to work on my knitting. And because I love and admire him, I am knitting him a special present, which hopefully he will wear (we don't have a good track record on this front). I promise I'll post a pic as soon as it's done (shouldn't be long now).

Last night while I was trying to keep myself busy so as not to think about the eleventy zillion ways a burgler could break into my house and kill me I dyed some wool. The first batch was some of the washed Coopworth I got from SuDan Farms in Oregon. I dyed it a nice jewel-toned blue and will felt it and then cut it up into bits to make tweed yarn.

The second was this:



It's a pound of Merino roving dyed in an attempt to look like a stoming sky and sea. I really love this. It's a big old mix of colors, but the four bases are Cushing's Copenhagen Blue, Ocean Green, and Jacquard Sapphire Blue and Gunmetal. I tempered each of the base colors with each other to varying degrees to get the muted tonal colors.

I've also been baking gluten-free bread machine bread: