11.19.2006

Oh seriously!

It has been almost a month since my last post. That would be pathetic had I not actually done something in that time. Knitting? Yes! Spinning? You betcha! Home improvement? Mais, bien sur mes amis!

Along with all the Christmas knitting (So. Much. Knitting.) I started a sweater for myself and finished a hat and gauntlets. Which I think should be spelled "gauntlettes" because that is frankly more feminine and lovely. So! In the spinning quarter, we have about 300 yards of Mimi spun and plied:



She was utterly useless for the Weekend Pullover by Veronik Avery, so she will be a traditional cabled Aran instead. Which I am just as excited about. Now I just have to spin eleventy kajillion more yards at the same gauge. Oh boy! Also, spun some sock yarn from roving I dyed a while ago:



This is just about 100 yards, unfortunately. But the colors are extraordinary and I could definitely see myself with a pair of socks in this colorway. Maybe I should dye up some more (enough to actually make a pair of socks from the same dye lot even!).