3.12.2006

Lazy Sunday

Today is the best kind of day for waking up late and then sitting around knitting with a big cup of tea.... Tomorrow I have to do some pretty invasive and scary medical tests and I'm not allowed to eat after noon-thirty today. The worst part of it all is that I just don't know how they are going to turn out. They aren't looking fo rthe C-word, but there is always a remote chance that I could have malignant cell growth. Jon is staying with me for the next two days and even went out to the video store last night to get the craptacularist movies he could find (Elizabethtown and The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants). Although to his credit he also picked up March of the Penguins and The Smartest Guys in the Room.
In knitting news, I am monogamously plugging away at Rogue. I decided to omit the pocket and just make it a pullover. The cashmerino seems to be a good choice (so far), but I'm only two balls in (14 to go), so we'll see. I think Rogue will be beautiful in some of my handspin and I may use the new charcoal gray Coopworth fleece that I got to make it in the future.

My only problem with Rogue is that it is knit in the round and I am used to knitting cables "in the flat", so I finish one row of the chart, knit the rest of the front, get to the other side where I am supposed to repeat that same chart row, but my brain skips to the next one. I can't even tell you how many times I have had to frog the damn thing and I am only 22 rows into the first chart. I may not have the attention span to make another one, eh? :)

So wish me luck tomorrow, if they do their jobs correctly I'll be so sedated that I won't remember it.