5.31.2006

Last Day

Today was my last day at the office. Tuesday night we had a really nice dinner at an Italian place (complete with gluten-free pasta for me!) and all the people I am going to miss most. It was great getting to hang out with the wives and kids as well; all those peripheral people that are part of the package... At 4:45, I finally snuck out of the office. I didn't want to make a big deal out of the fact that I was leaving *for the last time* and I didn't want to see some (well, one) person at all. I'm not ashamed to admit that I cried as I drove away.

I spent my entire Memorial Day weekend writing a final paper for my international management class. The thing still isn't done (due tonight) and it is sucking the life out of me. I really haven't written like this for a long time and [wah wah] it's hard! It's definitely very weird having my classes and my job wrap up like this, all at once. It seems surreal that I will be heading off to the Land of Wool on Sunday morning. In preparation, I have been spinning and plying. Stormy Skies, Stormy Seas as a two-ply:



After looking at the bobbins for so long, it's surprising how dominant the blue is in the skein.

I've also knit a whole heck of a lot of sock. Witness!



Unfortunately, I might have to finish these before leaving for Mecca of Wool. A pity that! And, just because sometimes, when you do really scary stuff in life and the weather just absolutely refuses to co-operate (just sayin') here's a pretty ranuncula.