5.23.2006

Preparations

I have been trying to decide what to take with me to Scotland. It seems so silly to bring knitting projects, being that I am travelling to the Land of Wool, but I have to have something to do on the plane *before* I start going bankrupt in the Highlands, right? Right? Yeah, I thought so too.

Because lace just doesn't seem so appealing right now, I opted for hardier fare. I am attempting to jump on the sock bandwagon. My first step was to pick up Nancy Bush's book Knitting Vintage Socks and a set of extremely small double pointed needles. I settled on the Fancy Gentleman's Sock (for me) in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock, colorway Gold Hill. Definitely stash yarn, but so far, a phenomenal knit:



I have 5 more sets of yarn waiting to be pairs of socks in the stash and I am bringing ALL OF THEM to Scotland with me. Just in case, you know... Also, in spite of the fact that I am travelling to the Land of Wool, I have been buying wool for projects like a fiend. My LYS was having a sale on bulky Lopi for $3.99 a shein and I bought 6 skeins ina wonderful smoke blue with a mind to make something like Cassie's beautiful poncho. *Then* Paradise Fibers was having a sale on Lamb's Pride Worsted for $3.99 a skein, so I thought I might buy the wool to make Samus. Le sigh...

And, just because she is funny, a pic of Heidi being in love with my spinning wheel. This is the LEAST lewd of the photos I took of her molesting the front leg of my Ashford Traditional.



And last but not least, the baby birdies fledged!



Sometime around noon on Sunday I heard them being fed (trust me, it was really not that hard to miss it) and then I looked in the nest at 6 or so and they had gone!